Due to the success of my first FF9 remaster video I’ve come back again with an updated gameplay video showcasing Vivi in the plaza/marketplace within Alexandria. This Final Fantasy IX Remake was built in Dreams on the PS5 and can be played and remixed.
Since its release on the PlayStation 1 Final Fantasy IX has firmly sat in my top 5 games of all time. As a teenager FF9 captivated me in a way I didn’t know was possible, the games art, story, score and gameplay drew me in like no other game had done before. For this reason I want to celebrate Final Fantasy IX and show my respect to its creators by recreating one of my favourite scenes from the game, Vivi’s arrival in Alexandria. This is version 2 of my Final Fantasy XI Remake running on the PS5. If you’re a FFIX fan like me, and you’ve been waiting for a remake, then you’re going to love this video.
Version 2 changes include:
• Added castle in background.
• New dialog with Ticketmaster.
• Additional skipping rope mini game dialog.
• Added Black mage on top of hotel balcony.
• Added guards at plaza exit.
• New camera.
• New sound effects (cursor move, item, error)
• Improved bakers oven with fire and smoke animations.
• Changed sky colour.
• Minor ticket booth alterations (more grass, straighten banners etc).
• Fixed hotel balcony rail.
• Fixed shop keeper animations.
• Fixed flowers cart pots.
• Removed statue animations.
• Added basic organ animations.
• Fixed shadow/lighting glitches.
• Improved Vivi’s walk animation.
• Thermometer optimisations.
A big thank you to all of the Dreams Creators who produced the assets/logic/audio used in this creation. Without these talented creators this video would not have been possible. You can find and remix this Dreams creation and see the full list of the credits via https://indreams.me/Faytes_Tale/creations